The aims of the Penitentiary and Probation Training Centre (PPTC) are to promote the implementation of ongoing reforms within the Ministry of Corrections and Legal Assistance, as well as to provide professional trainings and/or contribute to professional development of personnel working within the system of MCLA.
The main functions of PPTC are as follows:
· Development of training curricula for MCLA system personnel and/or for jobseekers at the MCLA, re-training and qualification raising of the abovementioned persons;
· Testing of the trainees;
· Establishment a pool of trainers and coordination of their activities;
· Holding of trainings for trainers on a regular basis with participation of international experts, as well as study tours and internships abroad in partner training centers;
· Development and publication of methodological and other kind of theoretical literature;
· Translation and publication of foreign literature of the relevant field;
· Cooperation with agencies within the jurisdiction of the MCLA in the area of professional development, as well as development of appropriate training curricula;
· Establishment of cooperative relations with similar training institutions abroad, NGO sector and international organizations.